Zen Meditation Retreats for Increasing Mindfulness
We strongly encourage everyone to step back from their busy lives and attend retreats as often as possible. They are a wonderful way to deepen your practice.
We have been offering meditation retreats for over 25 years. We now offer 3 seven-day retreats each year as well as several three-day meditation retreats. These retreats are non-residential and are conducted in deep silence. They involve intensive meditation, daily dharma talks, interviews with teachers, morning services, work practice rest, the Practice of Immediacy in the Arts® and 3 delicious Zen home-cooked meals a day (meals for full-time participants).
If you live in the area you can sleep at home.
If you are traveling from a distance, the Zen Center is located about 20 minutes drive from either the O'hare International Airport or the Midway Airport. You may make reservations at The Carleton of Oak Park which is close to the Green Line train which goes right by the Zen Center. It's about a 5 minute train ride away. You may choose to also find cheaper accommodations at local Airbnb's. There are many such rental opportunities in Oak Park. If you wish, we can also provide you with car transportation to and from your hotel or Airbnb, as long as it's within the immediate area of the Zen Center.
We ask that you have an established meditation practice before you come to the 7-day retreats.
Upcoming 2018 Meditation Retreats:
Fall Three-day Retreat: September 6-8, 2018
Winter Seven-day Retreat: December 2-8, 2018
The only part-time passes are available for 7 day retreats and consists of participating in all of the morning meditations or all of the evening meditations.
We will only be able to refund your fee, if you cancel at least one week before the retreat. The passes you buy for a retreat are only good for that retreat and no others.
Fall Three-Day Nonresidential Meditation Retreat
in Oak Park, IL
Sept. 6-8, 2018
This is a non-residential retreat that will be held at the Zen Life & Meditation Center, Chicago in Oak Park, Illinois. The retreat is held in silence and includes intensive meditation practice, 3 meals a day, interviews with teachers (optional) and a traditional Zen Buddhist service each morning.
- 3-Day Retreat begins Thur. evening at 7 pm and ends Sept. 8 at 9 pm
- 3 Day Non-Residential Retreat - Nonmember - $225
- 3 Day Non-Residential Retreat - Member - $180
Winter 7 Day Meditation Retreat
This is a nonresidential retreat held at our Zen Life & Meditation Center, Chicago, located in Oak Park, Illinois. The retreat will be held in deep silence. It includes intensive meditation, morning Zen services, daily dharma talks, practice of immediacy™, private interviews with teachers, work practice, rest and 3 delicious home-cooked Zen meals each day. See schedule and part-time options below:
- 7-Day Retreat begins Sunday, Dec. 2 at 7 pm
- 7-Day Retreat ends Saturday, Dec. 8 at 9 pm
Part Time Options:
- 7-Day Retreat-all mornings begins Sunday, Dec. 2 at 7 pm
- 7-Day Retreat-all evening begins Sunday, Dec. 2 at 7 pm
- Both part-time options end Sunday, Dec. 8 at 9 pm
- 7 Day Residential Retreat, full-time - Nonmember - $525
- 7 Day Residential Retreat, full-time - Member - $420
- 7 Day part-time: all mornings - Nonmember - $175
- 7 Day part-time, all evenings - Nonmember - $140
- 7 Day part-time, all mornings - Member - $180
- 7 Day part-time, all evenings - Member - $225