How to Become a Zen-Life Ambassador
How you Can Help
There are many ways you can help us reach our goal of raising $150,000 for the downpayment on our new home for ZLMC. Besides giving yourself, you can also ask your friends. You can do this personally, and you can also do this by starting your own campaign on your personal Facebook page. The following instructions will help you do this. It's easy and fun to see your friends supporting a cause you believe in.
Your Own Personal Facebook Campaign
Here are simple instructions for setting up your own personal Facebook Campaign.
- On the upper right of your Facebook home page, click the drop down menu and choose "Manage Page"
- In the menu on the far left under "Explore" choose "Fundraisers"
- In the boxes in the middle of the page, choose "Raise Money for a Nonprofit Organization"
- You will then be asked to select your non-profit. Type in the empty box "Zen Life & Meditation Center, Chicago."
- You can then set the goal for how much you wish to raise and when your fund raiser will end
- You will then be asked to write something about why you are raising the money - you can use your own words for this, but if you need help, hereʻs an example of something you might say:
- "I am a member of the Zen Life & Meditation Center, Chicago or I have taken classes at the Zen Life & Meditation Center, Chicago and believe in their mission. It is a wonderful community of open-hearted Zen practitioners. For the last 7 years they have been leasing a one-room commercial space and now have the opportunity to purchase a beautiful property at 46 Lake St. in Oak Park. They need to raise $150,000 by Sept. 14, 2018 for this property which they are purchasing for $650,000. Please help me in supporting them in this wonderful project. We will benefit from having a stable and sustainable Zen Center in our community. With much gratitude. (Your name)."
- That's it - it's that simple. And if you want to go one step further you can invite all your Facebook friends to see your campaign.
- Let us know if you have any questions in setting this up. Send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you!
The Zen Life & Meditation Center, Chicago is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit religious organization, so your donation is fully tax deductible.