We want to thank everyone who applied and inquired about this position. We've had man highly qualified applicants apply. We have chosen the person, so the position is no longer available. Thank you to everyone for your interest and your inquiries.
The Zen Life and Meditation Center of Chicago (ZLMC) is seeking to engage an individual for a part-time contract position with responsibility for marketing, event management, ecommerce and some general administrative activities. A partial listing of responsibilities includes:
- Managing the Center’s social media activities;
- Maintaining the Center’s website;
- Designing and developing marketing flyers and brochures;
- Responding to email and phone inquiries;
- Managing course registration activities including responding to participant inquiries; and
- Assisting with the planning and execution of workshops and events.
This 15 – 20 hour/week contract position pays $20/hour and offers flexible hours. Following a period of training, most activities can be performed from a home office. Occasional evening and weekend hours at the Center are required. The qualified individual will have and maintain his/her own computer with internet connectivity (Macintosh is preferred).
The responsibilities of this position require the mastery of a number of proprietary software applications (such as Tula, Campaign Monitor, and Square Space), as well as facility with Google, desktop publishing, and other software. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with similar programs and/or be able to demonstrate a strong aptitude for learning software programs.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Aptitude for learning, using, and troubleshooting software applications; previous experience with software similar to that listed in the above description is strongly preferred
- Previous experience with web maintenance, social media, and desktop publishing preferred
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Previous event planning experience strongly preferred
If you are interested in being considered, please send a brief cover letter and resume to:
Through its public meditation offerings, courses, workshops and other activities, the Zen Life and Meditation Center, Chicago, seeks to cultivate a community of openness, generosity and wisdom. For more information about the Center, please see our website at: